An interview about the worst debate ever. It’s probably time to take Clinton’s higher ed plan a bit more serious. And Colin Kaepernick is still making some white people mad.
#1: Clinton’s plan
- Alan Rappeport. “Hillary Clinton’s College Plan Appeals to the Left, but Educators Have Doubts.” The New York Times. 29 Sept. 2016.
- Georgetown University Centre on Education and the Workforce, “Our Best Estimate on the Enrollement Effects of Clinton’s Free College Proposal.”
#2: Title IX
- Tyler Kingkade. “University of Maryland Passes Title IX Costs On To Students.” BuzzFeed News. 11 Oct 2016.
- Jake New. “A Student Fee to Respond to Sexual Assault.” Inside Higher Ed. 12 Oct 2016.
- Tyler Kingkade. “There are Far More Title IX Investigations of Colleges than Most People Know.” The Huffington Post. 16 Jun 2016.
#3: Drum roll… Racism!
- Scott Jaschik. “When Professors Say the Wrong Thing on Race.” Inside Higher Ed. 10 Oct 2016.
- Facebook video.
#4: Annnnnnd… Sexism!
- Rosana Tamburri. “Women Still Struggle to Make it To the Top Leadership Posts in Academe.” University Affairs. 5 Oct 2016.
- Anita Williams Woolley et al. “Evidence for a Collective Intelligence Factor in the Performance of Groups.” Science 330 (2000): 686-88.
- Alan Schroeder. Presidential Debates: Risky Business on the Campaign Trail, Third Edition. New York: Columbia University Press, 2016.