Sam talks to SFU geographer Paul Kingsbury his project studying the paranormal community.
#1: Transphobia in Toronto
- Tom Yun. “U of T Letter Asks Jordan Peterson to Respect Pronouns, Stop Making Statements.” The Varsity. 24 Oct 2016.
- Tom Peterson. “Fear and the Law” (YouTube Lecture).
#2: German Psychologists Are Mad at Dutch Data Nerds
- “Psychological Society Wants End to Posting Error–Finding Algorithm Results Publicly.” Retraction Watch. 25. Oct 2016.
- Executive Board of the German Psychological Society’s Statement on Statcheck.
- Statcheck’s response.
- Brian Resnick. “A bot crawled thousands of studies looking for simple math errors. The results are concerning.” Vox. 30 Sep 2016.
- Brian Resnick. “What psychology’s crisis means for the future of science.” Vox. 25 Mar 2016.
- Michael Inzlicht. “Reckoning with the Past.” [Blog Post].
#3: Philosophers are Receiving Mysterious Packages of Shit
- Varun Joshi. “Law Professor Rejects Accusation that He Mailed Feces to Academics.” The Chicago Maroon. 18 Oct 2016.
- Justin W. “Should the Philosophical Gourmet Report Continue?” Daily Nous. 24 Sep 2014.
- “Job Placement 2011-2014: Comparing Placement Rank to PGR Rank.” New APPS: Art, Politics, Philosophy, Science. 17 Sep 2016.
- Brian Leiter. “Cyber-Smear Campaigns and the Future of the PGR.” Leiter Reports: A Philosophy Blog. 23 Sep 2016.
- Brian Leiter. “A different poll service re: the PGR.” Leiter Reports: A Philosophy Blog. 23 Sep 2016.
#4: RIP Tom Hayden
- Robert McFadden, “Tom Hayden, Civil Rights and Antiwar Activist Turned Lawmaker, Dies at 76.” The New York Times. 24 Oct 2016.
- Students for a Democratic Society, The Port Huron Statement. New York: Students for a Democratic Society, Dec. 1964.