Statistics obtained by The Georgia Straight with freedom of information requests indicate rates of violence and aggression at St. Paul’s Hospital (SPH) and Vancouver General Hospital (VGH) have been rising steadily in recent years. To see the raw data, click here.
Read Travis’s story in The Georgia Straight, “Rising violence against staff in Vancouver hospitals leaves stakeholders searching for explanations”.
- Lupick, Travis and Kim, Alexander. “Rising violence against staff in Vancouver hospitals leaves stakeholders searching for explanations.” The Georgia Straight. November 11, 2017.
- Lupick, Travis. “Statistics reveal Vancouver police taking a greater role in mental-health care.” The Georgia Straight. September 7, 2016.
- Perron, A., Jacob, JD., Beauvais, L., Corbeil, D. & Bérubé, D. (2015). Identification et gestion de la violence en psychiatrie: Perception du personnel infirmier et des patients au regard de son impact sur les soins. Recherche en soins infirmiers, 120, 47-60.
- Jacob, JD, Perron, A. & Corneau, P. (2014). Structural Othering: Towards an Understanding of Place in the Construction of Disruptive Subjectivities in Power and the Psychiatric Apparatus: Repression, Transformation and Assistance, D. Holmes, JD. Jacob & A. Perron, London, Ashgate, pp. 149-163.
- Holmes, D., Rudge, T. & Perron, A. (2012) (Re)Thinking Violence in Health Care Settings: A Critical Approach. Surrey, UK, Ashgate Publishing, 366 pages.
Cited is a podcast and radio show funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council and produced out of the produced out of the world class Michael Smith Laboratories at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.