In this episode (still in our loose format), we talk to restorative justice guru Howard Zehr, and he explains what restorative justice is and how it works. Plus, good news & bad news (i.e. headlines).
- “State of the Union Address 2016 Full Text: Obama’s Entire Speech as Prepared by the White House.” National Post. 21 Jan. 2016.
- Butler, Stuart. “Why Obama’s Free College Plan Is Bad for Poor Americans.” Fortune.
- Mangan, Katherine. “Transfer System From 2-Year to 4-Year Colleges Isn’t Working, Report Says.” The Chronicle of Higher Education Blogs: The Ticker. N.p., 19 Jan. 2016. Web. 20 Jan. 2016.
- Thomason, Andy. “U. of Oregon Cancels Branding Contract, Will Spend Money on Academics.” The Chronicle of Higher Education Blogs: The Ticker.
- Yeginsu, Ceylan. “Turkey Releases Detained Academics Who Signed Petition Defending Kurds.” The New York Times 15 Jan. 2016. NYTimes.com.
- Kolowich, Steve. “The 13 Best ‘Onion’ Stories About Higher Education.” The Chronicle of Higher Education 15 Jan. 2016. The Chronicle of Higher Education.
What is Restorative Justice? with Howard Zehr
Changing Lenses: A New Focus for Crime and Justice. 3 edition. Scottdale, Pa: Herald Press, 2005.