In the late 1960s, criminologists like Todd Clear predicted America would soon start closing its prisons. They couldn’t have been more wrong.
- Betts, Reginald Dwayne, Bastards of the Reagan Era. New York: Four Way, 2015.
- Dilulio Jr., John J., “The Coming of the Super-Predators” Weekly Standard, 27 November, 1995.
- Brown, Claude. Manchild in the Promised Land. London: Macmillan & Co, 1965.
- Randall, Dudley, The Black Poets. New York: Bantam, 1985.
- Sample, Albert Race. Racehoss: Big Emma’s Boy. New York: Ballantine, 1984.
- Clear, Tom. The Punishment Imperative: The Rise and Failure of Mass Incarceration in America. New York: NYU Press, 2013.
- Zedlewski, Edwin. “Making Confinement Decisions” Washington, D.C.: National Institute of Justice, 1987.